Getting to the Cayman Islands
Getting to Grand Cayman couldn't be easier with the domestic carrier, Cayman Airways, and numerous international airlines offering direct flights daily.
With international travel ostensibly back to normal levels post-pandemic, the Cayman Islands are well serviced by a number of international airlines (see below), as well as Cayman Airways which offers direct flights to a number of destinations.
The main gateway to Cayman is Miami, with at least four flights per day between the two destinations.
Cayman Airways is the national carrier and currently offers direct flights to numerous destinations: Little Cayman, Cayman Brac, Miami, Cuba (Havana), Jamaica (Kingston and Montego Bay), Honduras (Le Cieba and Roatan), Denver (Seasonal), New York (JFK), Los Angeles (LAX) and Tampa (TPA).
A new addition is a twice-weekly return flight to Barbados. The latter opening up international connection routes to Europe and beyond. Guests can check-in two bags free up to 55lbs each, and receive complimentary rum punch on-board.
- American Airways flies direct to and from Miami, Charlotte, Chicago and Philadelphia.
- Jet Blue offers direct flights to and from New York and Boston.
- British Airways flies direct between London Heathrow and the Grand Cayman five times a week. The flight stops briefly in Nassau in the Bahamas to pick up/drop off passengers,
- West Jet provides direct flights from Toronto to Grand Cayman twice a week.
- Delta Airlines flies direct to Grand Cayman from Atlanta, Georgia twice a week and Minneapolis once a week.
- United Airlines offers direct flights to Grand Cayman from Newark (EWR), Washington (IAD), Houston (IAH) and Chicago (ORD).
- Air Canada offers a once a week non stop flight from Toronto to Grand Cayman.
Please note that some airlines and destinations only operate in high season which is generally from December to April.
Cost of Flights & Flying Time
The average cost of a return ticket from Miami is US$400, from New York US$350, from Barbados US$500, and from London US$1,300. Please note that these are average prices and will vary according to high or low season.
The flying time from Miami to Grand Cayman is 1 hour and 5 minutes. The journey from London takes 10 hours (including 45 minutes on the tarmac in Nassau). From Toronto, the flight time is 4 hours. Just under 4 hours from New York and 3 hours 25 minutes from Barbados.
A New and Improved Airport
Grand Cayman’s Owen Roberts International Airport is a relatively busy airport for a Caribbean island. The airport is located in the capital, George Town, and is approximately five minutes from downtown and a 15 minute drive from Seven Mile Beach.
The runway was extended and resurfaced in 2020 and a blast deflector added. The building itself was extended and completely remodelled, with a design that complements the impressive infrastructure available in the Cayman Islands.
Cayman Airways is the national carrier and currently offers return flights to numerous US and Caribbean destinations. Visit CaymanAirways.com
Where to Stay?
Explore diverse accommodations, from upscale resorts to beachfront rentals, villas, and intimate guest houses. Luxurious options include the Caribbean Club and Botanica, while family-friendly resorts and dedicated dive retreats like Sunset House and Southern Cross Club cater to specific preferences. Find your ideal stay, whether it's a tranquil escape, family-friendly haven, or a dive enthusiast's dream. Click for more.