A lively town located steps from Grand Cayman’s famous Seven Mile Beach, Camana Bay has quickly become a favourite gathering place for residents and visitors alike. At the heart of Camana Bay is a bustling Town Centre that offers world-class shopping and dining, unique attractions including the Island’s only cinema and a 75-foot Observation Tower, beautifully landscaped open spaces for fun in the sun and a full calendar of family friendly events.
If you have yet to discover Camana Bay, the below is a snapshot of some of the fun things you can discover and be part of.
THINGS TO DO
Camana Bay Walking Tour
• 10am Stop by The Discovery Centre on The Paseo. A resource for information on every aspect of Camana Bay, learn about the inspiration behind the Town, see what’s coming up on the busy events schedule or discover your dream vacation home through upcoming residential developments.
• 10.30am Catch Story Time at Books & Books for children’s storytelling, singalong and crafts every Wednesday and Saturday.
• 11.30am Let the kids loose in one of the interactive fountains. In Jasmine Court, water spurts mingle with colour delighting tots and toddlers. Further down The Paseo on The Crescent, dancing waters with skyward bursts reaching 30ft thrill brave youngsters.
• 12.30pm Grab a picnic lunch from on of Camana Bay’s quick eateries and find a shady spot on The Island to watch boats sail into The Harbour.
• 1.30pm Snap a picture with Poof the Blue Dragon. Part of the Blue Dragon Trail, Poof is one of fifteen larger-than-life sculptures of the endangered Blue Iguana located around Grand Cayman.
• 2pm Explore the great selection of shops and discover a unique mix of local retailers and international brands. Whether you are looking for necessities, luxuries or just for fun, you will find something for every member of the family at Camana Bay.
• 3pm Take a stroll through Camana Way and reconnect with nature. Along the route leading from West Bay Road to the Town Centre is a botanical journey through five of Grand Cayman’s distinct eco systems.
• 4pm Browse stalls of fresh fruits and vegetables, handmade crafts and local food at the Farmers’ Market. This weekly community event brings local vendors together every Wednesday from noon-7pm to offer visitors a
real taste of Cayman.
• 5pm Ascend The Observation Tower for a spectacular view of Grand Cayman. Journey to the top alongside a floor to ceiling mosaic depicting Cayman’s beautiful marine life.
• 5.30pm Sit back and relax in one of Camana Bay’s four courtyards or enjoy a happy hour drink alfresco and watch local bands perform on The Paseo.
• 6pm Excite your taste buds at one of the Town Centre’s fabulous restaurants. Choose from contemporary fare at Abacus; inspired small plates at KARoo; simple, fresh dishes at Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink; Caribbean cuisine at Ortanique; Southeast Asian-inspired fare at Mizu*; or all-American classics at The Waterfront*.
• 7pm Watch a classic family movie on a giant screen under the stars in Gardenia Court every Tuesday from June to August and on special holidays throughout the year.
FOOD & DRINK
A popular destination among residents for an after-work drink or meal, you will find something for every occasion from sweet treats or a quick sandwich, to bistro dining and gourmet cuisine.
• Abacus Contemporary fare, alfresco dining and live music every Friday. Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11am-3pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5pm-10pm; Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm. (345) 623 8282.
• KARoo Crisp designer cocktails, small plates and tapas. Monday-Thursday 3pm- 1am; Friday-Sunday 2pm-Midnight. (345) 945 6633.
• Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink Bistro style dining featuring locally grown ingredients. Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11.30am-3pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5.30pm-11pm; Sunday 5.30pm-10pm; Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm. (345) 640 6433.
• Mizu* Southeast Asian-inspired bistro and bar. Open for lunch, dinner and late night dining seven days a week. (345) 640 0002.
• Ortanique Traditional Caribbean dishes with an innovative twist. Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11.30am-3pm; Dinner: Monday-Wednesday 5.30pm-10.30pm; Thursday-Saturday 5.30pm-11pm; Sunday 5.30pm-9.30pm; Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm. (345) 640 7710.
• The Waterfront* Urban dining experience offering freshly made American classics. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. (345) 640 4001.
Quick & Easy Dining
• Bay Market Gourmet grocery store with a focus on organic, offering freshly made sandwiches, hot food and made-to-order salads. Monday-Saturday 8am-7pm. (345) 815 1080.
• Black Trumpet Gourmet Delicatessen Freshly baked breads, international meats and cheeses, classic deli sandwiches and pastries. Monday-Friday 7am-7pm; Saturday 8am-7pm; Sunday 9am-3pm. (345) 743 6666.
• Café del Sol Coffees, smoothies, sandwiches and pastries. Computers and wi-fi available. Monday-Thursday 7am-9pm; Friday-Saturday 7am-10pm; Sunday 8am-8pm. (345) 943 3344.
• Häagen-Dazs Fine ice creams, sorbets and smoothies. Sunday-Thursday 10am-10pm; Friday-Saturday 10am-11pm. (345) 946 8061.
• Ginger Lily Frozen Yogurt Tart frozen yogurt and gourmet toppings. Monday-Thursday 8.30am-10.30pm; Friday 8.30am-11.30pm; Saturday 10am-11.30pm; Sunday 11am-9pm. (345) 946 9589.
• Jessie’s Juice Bar Fresh juices, smoothies, teas, coffees, plus a range of vegetarian, vegan and raw foods. Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; Saturday 9am-5pm. (345) 949 2012.
Camana Bay is a shopping destination that offers a mix of international and local retailers, from men’s and women’s designer fashions and luxury jewellery and accessories, to books, swimwear and souvenirs. There’s plenty of parking and all stores are open late for evening shoppers.
• Audi Luxury customer sales showroom. Monday-Friday 10am-6pm; Saturday 10am-4pm. (345) 943 2834.
• Bedside Manor Fine linens, home accessories, baby products and gifts. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 947 2711.
• Bon Vivant Speciality culinary appliances, kitchenware, accessories and interactive cooking classes. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 623 2665.
• Books & Books Independent bookstore with regular literary events and weekly children’s story times. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 2665.
• The Cabana First international Lilly Pulitzer Via Shop offering an assortment of all things resort chic. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 945 7465.
• Caribbean Canvas Company Island apparel store founded in Grand Cayman specialising in bags, clothing and accessories. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 2221. SEE PAGE 110
• Cayman Mac Store Cayman’s authorised Apple reseller and service provider. Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm; Friday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 943 4763.
• Celebrations Fresh floral arrangements, gifts, wedding and special event services. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 623 2045.
• De Sunglass Man Exceptional selection of designer sunglass brands. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 5339.
• Island Company Caribbean-style resort wear for men and women. Monday- Thursday 10am-9pm; Friday-Saturday 10am-10pm. (345) 945 7575.
• The Jean Bar Men’s and ladies’ premium denim served on tap by a personal ‘Jeantender’. Monday- Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 949 8173.
• The Mansion Island Companies’ flagship store offering duty-free watches and jewellery. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 5337.
• NKY Popular designer fashion boutique for men and women showcasing the best selection of the season. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 946 8171.
• NKY Collections Exclusive women’s fashion boutique offering designer labels for all occasions. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 946 8172.
• Pandora Unparalleled selection of charms, jewellery and watches for all of life’s special moments. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 5343.
• Sand Angels Latest designer collections in swimwear, resort wear and accessories, plus children’s UPF50 sun tops, swimwear and hats Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 945 7263.
• Silhouette* Designer intimates for men and women.
• SOLES Shoe Salon A gallery of men’s and ladies’ designer footwear. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 949 8173.
• Watch.Me Popular watch brands including G-Shock, Nixon Fruitz, D&G and more. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 5339.
HEALTH & BEAUTY SERVICES
• Anytime Fitness 24-hour fitness facility offering personal training, regular classes and unlimited member access. Staffed hours: Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm; Saturday 10am-1pm. (345) 946 4748.
• Crossfit Cayman Whole-body wellness through core strength, nutrition and high intensity workouts. Trial classes take place at 10am every Saturday. (345) 929 8470.
• Eclipze Hair Design & Day Spa Wide range of hair, nail and spa treatments plus organic and natural products. Monday-Friday 10am-7pm; Saturday 9am-7pm. (345) 945 1188.
• Le Visage Luxury cosmetics and skincare boutique specialising in prestige brands and make-up artistry services. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 946 2332.
• TrinCay Medical Services Highly qualified doctors specialising in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Paediatrics and Internal Medicine. Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; Saturday 8am-12pm. Physicians will see patients on a 24-hour basis as required. (345) 943 4633.
• Cayman National Bank Full-service bank with 24-hour ATM access. Monday- Thursday 9am-4pm; Friday 9am-4.30pm. (345) 949 4655.
• Digicel Telecommunications and mobile phone provider. Monday-Friday 10am-7pm; Saturday 10am-5pm. (345) 623 3551.
• Mail Boxes Etc. Document, postal and shipping services. Monday-Friday 8.30am-6pm; Saturday 9am-5pm. (345) 745 1400.
• The Discovery Centre A resource for information on every aspect of Camana Bay. Monday-Wednesday 9am-6pm; Thursday-Friday 9am-8pm; Saturday 10am-4pm. (345) 640 4000.
• Visionwear Cayman* A full service optometry practice.
• Hollywood Theaters Six-screen cinema complex showing all the latest movies. Monday-Saturday 12.30pm-10pm; Sunday 2pm-7.30pm. (345) 640 3456.
*Coming soon to Camana Bay
CONCIERGE & CUSTOMER SERVICE
For more information on Camana Bay including events and activities, to schedule a personal tour or to arrange transportation, contact the Camana Bay Ambassador Team on (345) 640 2878, email@example.com or ask your hotel concierge.