Grand Cayman’s most vibrant community, Camana Bay is a favourite gathering place for residents and visitors alike. Stretching from world famous Seven Mile Beach to the tranquil North Sound, at the heart of the Town is a bustling Town Centre that offers world-class shopping and dining plus family-friendly entertainment, events and attractions like the Island’s only cinema and a 75ft Observation Tower.
If you have yet to discover Camana Bay, the below is a snapshot of some of the fun things you can discover and be part of.
THINGS TO DO
Camana Bay Walking Tour
• 10am Stop by The Discovery Centre on The Paseo. A resource for information on every aspect of Camana Bay, learn about the inspiration behind the Town or see what’s coming up on the busy events calendar.
• 10.30am Catch Story Time at Books & Books for children’s storytelling, sing-a-longs and crafts every Wednesday and Saturday.
• 11.30am Let the kids loose in the interactive fountains. In Jasmine Court, water spurts mingle with colour delighting tots and toddlers. On The Crescent, dancing waters with skyward bursts reaching 30ft thrill brave youngsters.
• 12.30pm Grab a picnic lunch from one of Camana Bay’s quick eateries and find a shady spot on The Island to watch boats sail into The Harbour.
• 1.30pm Snap a picture with Poof the Blue Dragon. Part of the Blue Dragon Trail, Poof is one of fifteen larger-than-life sculptures of Grand Cayman’s endangered Blue Iguana located around the Island.
• 2pm Hit the shops! Browse the Town Centre’s eclectic mix of local retailers and international brands and discover the best in fashion, beauty, home goods, technology, literature and more.
• 4pm Find a real taste of Cayman at Camana Bay’s weekly Farmers & Artisans Market. Browse fresh produce, handmade crafts, local food and more from the Islands’ farmers, ranchers and producers every Wednesday 12pm-7pm.
• 4.30pm Climb The Observation Tower for a 360-degree view of Grand Cayman. One of the highest spots on the Island, this must-see attraction provides great photo opps from sunrise until sunset.
5pm Sit back and relax in one of Camana Bay’s shady courtyards or enjoy a drink alfresco at popular hangouts KARoo or West Indies Wine Company
• 6pm Take your taste buds on a culinary tour around the globe at one of the Town Centre’s signature restaurants. Choose from contemporary fare at Abacus; Italian-inspired American favourites at The Brooklyn Pizza + Pasta; Pan Asian cuisine at Mizu Asian Bistro + Bar; Caribbean flavours at Ortanique; European dishes at Upper Crust Bistro; and American classics at The Waterfront Urban Diner.
• 7pm Watch a classic family movie on a giant screen under the stars on The Crescent every Tuesday from June-August and on special holidays throughout the year.
FOOD & DRINK
A popular destination among residents for an after-work drink or meal, you will find something for every occasion from sweet treats or a quick sandwich, to bistro dining and gourmet cuisine.
• Abacus Contemporary Caribbean-inspired cuisine. Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11am-3pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5pm-10pm; Brunch: Saturday 11am-3pm; Happy Hour: Monday-Saturday 3pm-7pm. (345) 623 8282.
• KARoo Crisp designer cocktails, small plates and tapas. Monday-Thursday 3pm-1am; Friday 2pm-2am; Saturday 2pm-12am; Sunday 11am-12am; Brunch: Sunday 11am-3pm; Happy Hour: Monday-Sunday 3pm-7pm. (345) 946 6633.
• Mizu Pan Asian-inspired restaurant and bar. Monday-Sunday 11am-11pm; Happy Hour: Monday-Sunday 5pm-7pm. (345) 640 0001.
• Ortanique Traditional Caribbean dishes with an innovative twist. Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11.30am-3pm; Dinner: Monday-Wednesday 5.30pm-10pm, Thursday-Saturday 5.30pm-10.30pm, Sunday 5.30pm-9.30pm (December-May); Brunch: Sunday 11am-3pm (December-May); Happy Hour: Monday-Saturday 4pm-7pm. (345) 640 7710.
• Upper Crust Bistro Friendly neighbourhood bistro offering traditional European dishes with a modern twist. Monday-Saturday 8am- 9pm, Sunday 8am-3pm. (345) 743 1010.
• The Brooklyn Pizza + Pasta Italian-inspired American classics with a twist. (345) 640 0005.
• The Waterfront Freshly made American classics and gastro-pub fare. Monday- Sunday 8am-10pm; Happy Hour: Monday-Sunday 5pm-7pm. (345) 640 0002.
Cafés & Sweet Treats
• Café del Sol Coffees, smoothies, sandwiches and pastries. Computers and wi-fi available. Monday-Thursday 7am-9pm; Friday-Saturday 7am-10pm; Sunday 8am-8pm. (345) 943 3344.
• Gelato & Co. Cremeria Italiana Authentic Italian ice creams, pastries and cakes. Tuesday- Saturday 1pm-9.30pm, Sunday 3pm-9.30pm, Closed Mondays. (345) 324 4359.
• Ginger Lily Frozen Yogurt Tart frozen yogurt and guilt-free toppings. Monday to Thursday 8.30am-10.30pm; Friday 8.30am-11.30pm; Saturday 10am-11.30pm; Sunday 11am-9pm. (345) 946 9589.
• Häagen-Dazs Fine ice creams, sorbets and smoothies. Sunday to Thursday 10am to 10pm; Friday to Saturday 10am to 11pm. (345) 946 8061.
• Jessie’s Juice Bar Fresh juices, smoothies, teas and coffees, plus vegetarian, vegan and raw foods. Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-3pm. (345) 949 2012.
Food & Wine
• Bay Market Gourmet grocery store with a focus on organic, offering freshly made sandwiches, hot food and made-to-order salads. Monday-Saturday 8am-7pm. (345) 815 1080.
• West Indies Wine Company
80 different wines by the glass and a curated collection of beers, ciders, ales and spirits. Monday-Thursday 12pm-10pm; Friday-Saturday 12pm-12am; Sunday 1pm-9pm. (345) 640 9492.
Camana Bay is a shopping destination that offers a mix of international and local retailers, from men’s and women’s designer fashions and luxury jewellery and accessories, to books, swimwear and souvenirs. There’s plenty of parking and all stores are open late for evening shoppers.
Fashion & Accessories
• The Cabana First international Lilly Pulitzer shop offering an assortment of all things resort chic. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 945 7465
• De Sunglass Man The Islands’ best selection of designer sunglass brands. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 5339.
• Island Company Caribbean-inspired resortwear for men and women. Monday-Thursday 10am-9pm; Friday-Saturday 10am-10pm. (345) 945 7575.
• The Jean Bar Premium denim served on tap. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 949 8173.
• The Mansion Duty-free fine jewellery and timepieces. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 5337.
• NKY Collections Exclusive women’s boutique stocking fashion-forward labels for all occasions. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 946 8172.
• NKY Menswear Popular designer fashion boutique for men. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 946 8171.
• Pandora Sells charms, jewellery and watches for all of life’s special moments and occasions, Monday-Saturday 10am to 9pm. (345) 640 5343.
• Sand Angels
Latest trends in swimwear, resort wear and accessories. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 945 7263.
• Silhouette Luxury lingerie boutique stocking designer intimates for men and women. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 943 5223.
• SOLES Shoe Salon Gallery of men’s and ladies’ designer footwear. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 949 8173.
• Watch.Me Hot watches at cool prices. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 5339.
Health & Beauty
• Anytime Fitness 24-hour fitness facility offering personal training and regular classes. Staffed hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-8pm; Saturday 9am-12pm. (345) 946 4748.
• CrossFit Cayman Whole-body wellness through core strength, nutrition and high intensity workouts. Classes: Monday-Thursday 5.30am, 6.30am, 12pm, 5.30pm, 6.30pm; Friday 5.30am, 6.30am, 12pm, 5.30pm; Saturday 9am. Trials: Saturday 9am. (345) 929 8470.
• Eclipze Hair Design & Day Spa Full service hair and beauty salon. Monday-Friday 10am-7pm; Saturday 9am-7pm. (345) 945 1188.
• Le Visage Luxury cosmetics and skincare boutique. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 946 2332.
• TrinCay Medical Centre & Urgent Care Covering over a dozen medical specialties with physicians on call 24/7 and an onsite pharmacy. Monday-Saturday 8am-8pm. (345) 943 4633; (345) 925 7020 after hours.
• VisionWear Cayman Full-service optometry practice offering made-to-order prescription frames, sunglasses and contact lenses. Monday-Saturday 0am to 7pm. (345) 943 5151.
Home Goods & Gifts
• Bedside Manor Fine linens, home accessories, baby products and gifts. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 947 2711.
• Bon Vivant Speciality culinary appliances, kitchenware, accessories and interactive cooking classes. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 623 2665.
• Celebrations Fresh floral arrangements, gifts and event services. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 623 2045.
• Design Studio Offering a full range of interior design services, home furnishings and accessories. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 945 4977.
Literature & Technology
• Audi Showroom and customer sales centre. Monday-Friday 10am-5.30pm; Saturday 10am-2pm. (345) 943 2834.
• Books & Books Welcoming bookshop with regular community events. Monday-Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 2665.
• Cayman MAC Store Cayman’s authorised Apple reseller and service provider. Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm. (345) 943 4763.
• Cayman National Bank Full-service bank with 24-hour ATM access. Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm; Friday 9am-4.30pm. (345) 949 4655.
• Digicel Telecommunications and mobile phone provider. Monday-Friday 10am-7pm; Saturday 10am-5pm. (345) 623 3551.
• The Discovery Centre Resource for information on every aspect of Camana Bay. Monday-Wednesday 9am-6pm; Thursday-Friday 9am-7pm; Saturday 10am-4pm. (345) 640 4000.
• Fluff n’ Fold Eco-friendly dry cleaning and laundry services. Monday-Saturday 8am-7pm. (345) 943 5833.
• Mail Boxes Etc. Document services, local and international mailing and shipping, passport photos. Monday-Friday 8.30am-6pm; Saturday 9am-5pm. (345) 745 1400.
• Picture This Photography, videography, design and framing studio. Monday-Saturday 9am-7pm. (345) 943 3686.
• Starfish Village Education, entertainment and enrichment centre for children. Monday- Thursday 8am-6pm, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 10am-9pm. (345) 640 7827.
Regal Camana Bay Stadium 6 Six-screen cinema complex showing all the latest movies. Monday-Saturday 12.30pm-10pm; Sunday 2pm-7.30pm. (345) 640 3456.
CONCIERGE & CUSTOMER SERVICE
For more information on Camana Bay events and activities, to schedule a personal tour or to arrange transportation, contact The Discovery Centre at (345) 640 4000, email@example.com or ask your hotel concierge.