BEST FAMILY FUN
There are plenty of family-friendly activities and things to do in Cayman that will keep everyone entertained. Here are our recommendations.
• Boat Trips
are an awesome family day out! Tour operators offer several trips out to Stingray City where you can feed the stingrays, snorkel the Sandbar or Coral Gardens and possibly visit Rum Point or Kaibo for a Cayman-style fish lunch. See the Yacht & Motor Boat Cruise section
for more information.
• Explore the Island
with an experienced local guide. Book a tour with a company like Cayman Safari Adventures
or hop on a Harley Davidson with Cayman Custom Cycles and see the scenic and cultural side of Cayman.
• Visit a Cultural Site
like Pedro St. James
or the Botanical Park. This is a nice day out and won’t overload younger members with historical facts. See the Eastern Districts section.
• Cayman Turtle Farm i
s a modern day reminder of Cayman’s seafaring history. At the Cayman Turtle Farm
you can interact with turtles and other colourful marine life, feed exotic birds and enjoy a day in their snorkelling pool and on the Turtle Twister waterslide.
• Take a Helicopter Ride
with Cayman Islands Helicopters
and get an awesome view of SMB, Stingray City and remote areas of Cayman.
• Try a New Watersport
There are lots of options here from kayaking to jetskiing, paddleboarding to diving and more. See our Water based activities
section for more information.
• Go Horseback Riding along the beach or even in the water!
• Submarine & Glass Bottom Boat Tours
Explore the depths without getting wet on an Atlantis Submarine
or in Aquaventure Tours’ glass bottom boat. The latter also offer a snorkel tour.
• Float Silently in a Hot Air Balloon over the North Sound at dawn with Auriga Balloons. This spectacular experience finishes with a champagne breakfast.
• Skate Around Kids will enjoy one of the largest skateboard parks in the world which features concrete bowls, half and quarter pipes and courses for all levels. Equipment is available for rent. Call Black Pearl Skate Park (345) 947 4161 for times. Alternatively, try old-fashioned roller skating at Kings Sports Centre (345) 946 5464.
• Cool Cars
See the original Batmobile, Ferraris and vintage autos in a stellar, one-of-a-kind worldly collection of automobiles at the Cayman Motor Museum
• Mangrove Forest Tours a
re fascinating and a great way to learn about Cayman’s delicate mangrove ecosystems. Suitable for all ages. Cayman Sea Elements
and Cayman Kayaks
offer day and moon-lit kayak, boat and snorkel tours.
• Become an Ambassador of the Environment with a unique and educational eco-tour for families and children. Held at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman (345) 815 6120.
• National Treasures
Discover Cayman’s cultural and natural history at the Cayman Islands National Museum
which has exhibits and interactive displays including a simulated submarine and a children’s gallery. Contact them on (345) 949 8368.
• Other Fun Family Outings For a short outing, there are activities for kids such as the Pirate Caves (345) 947 3122 in Bodden Town featuring underground passages actually used by pirates and many of Cayman’s native critters. Take carrots and other veg to feed the donkeys. Cayman Crazy Golf (345) 945 8362 located next to Deckers Restaurant on Seven Mile Beach is an 18-hole mini-golf course and is also a fun activity for families.
• Toddlers For young children (under 6 years) Motions Unlimited (345) 749 8365 in the Industrial Park has Toddler Play Days with state-of-the-art gymnastics equipment and padded flooring. For children aged 3 to 11 there is Kidz Zone (345) 943 5439 which has an indoor jungle gym and an array of arcade games. Children will also love looking at the colourful fish and small animals at the Animal House pet store located at 243 North Sound Road (345) 943 7387. They open at 10am.